Endling

'Endling' is a fellow artist on DeviantART (don't know real name) that I have recently been following and have fallen in love with his illustrations. He has a great style that Is really suited to children's illustration but doesn't find itself restricted to that subject area at all. His work is very bright and colourful, with bold and expressive characters and scenes that would look great within a children.'s book but I don't think they have as of yet.

His characters are cute but also quite sinister at times which give them a more mature edge and makes them irresistible to me. The collection of monsters above it just wonderful, each little character has a life of their own and It is interesting how sometimes they are drawn quite differently but the coloring style brings them all together.
I love the soft shading style an his sensitivity to colour. The added elements of texture in some of the works elevate them and give another dimension.


His work is a great source of inspiration for this book I want to make in particular because of his seemingly child friendly style that incorporates cute elements with the more sinister that helps me to gauge how far to take the detail and menacing nature of my monsters.
Id to get a more softer approach with my digital work like Endlings stuff, and think that It would work really well...

We will see...