Alice Potter


A lovely little handmade/handbound book by textile designer and illustrator, Alice Potter. Shows that its very possible to make a proper looking book by hand even if it is in fact a concertina book like this is and that when packaged and bound properly they can look like a real book and look really professional. 
Obviously it would involve allot of work to do this for every copy of the book, (and expensive too which Id have to reflect in the price) but for the limited edition copies, It could be realistically done.


Concertina fold pages, bound by a think cover.


The illustrations are lovely inside and simple, but it really makes the book stand out. It reminds me allot of the work of Chris Haughton (which served as inspiration for her, according to her blog) with the bold contrasting colours and block screen-print like style. 
After experimenting with digital methods of creating a screenprint effect I would really like to try this for my illustrations, I think it adds a nice handmade touch. 


It looks so sweet! The little owl makes me smile in a way I hope to achieve with my illustration in my concertina book. It also appears that text is minimal and the book focuses on the illustrations which is nice because it would appeal to younger audiences because they can just enjoy the pictures.