Meomi!


I also briefly looked at the work of Meomi during my sequential module but I believe I can draw upon the work again because of the insanely cute artwork. My concertina book will revolve around cute little monsters wearing hats (or something like that anyway) and so what better inspiration than this! The characters are adorable!
It also works with my goal to make people smile with my work, as one cannot fail but smile when looking at Meomi's work. I'm a fan of The Octonauts (as im sure most people are secretly) mostly just because it makes me smile, and Id love to capture that in my illustrations.


Rainbow rain...


The artwork is all digital vector style, with no linework. Coupled with a sensitive and refined colour palette, the illustrations are really subtle and look simple yet in fact they aren't at all, the detail in some of the works is immense.
I think the cuteness is thanks to the large proportions on the characters (massive heads for example) and the simple expressions, the illustrations speak for themselves.