Anna Barrett


CAT PUTTING ON SOCKS! 
Anna Barrett is another illustrator that uses this watercolour painted style with panted outlines much like Scott Campbell, but she also uses digital mediums with a similarly watercolour effect. The cat above is
a really good example of the outline thing that seems to be happening allot in illustration and I really love it!
I like to use watercolour in my work aside from the digital and I normally use fineliner pens to create the linework, but using painted linework really makes the illustration come together and the lines don't distract from the actual work. 
I will experiment with this technique...

Her digital work has the same watercolour-ey feel thanks to added textures and soft shading style. The colours are subtle and work well together in her illustrations, mostly having a brown tinge which are again due to the textures but which create a nice harmony.
She never really uses in depth background in her work if at all, because her work mostly focuses on character designs. The lack of background helps us to focus on the characters and will be something I have to think about when doing my book and thinking of the layout.